Ho due west many cups in a quart—information technology's a question that was making smoke come out of my ears! Gallons, Quarts, and Cups—Oh MY! Use this easy retention tool to assistance you lot remember these kitchen conversions!

How Many Cups In A Quart?

How many cups in a quart, pint, gallon!
  • 1 gallon = 4 quarts, eight pints, xvi cups
  • one quart = ii pints, 4 cups
  • 1 pint = two cups

Recently, I was trying to make a recipe for apple butter that I had constitute in an sometime Amish cookbook.

Accept you ever looked at some of the recipes in those Amish cookbooks?

Y'all, the proportions for these recipes are HUGE!

Since I don't necessarily want to make gargantuan portions, I knew I needed to figure out a way to half the recipe.

I constitute that I was struggling to remember some of the measurements that I had learned in school!

I didn't end up making the apple tree butter, so I tin't share the recipe. It was a bit of an overwhelming chore, simply, it did allow me to brush upwardly on my measurements a bit.

How many cups in a pint? And how many pints in a quart? I went to Google, equally I have to do every single fourth dimension I demand to remember measurement conversions and it occurred to me: in that location has to be a better style!

I printed a handy graphic a few years ago (pretty sure I originally printed information technology from this site) that I had tucked it into the dorsum edge of a cookbook and filed it away in my kitchen, sure to be forgotten.

The original graphic was pretty worn out, so I decided to brand a fresh ane for you to utilise. You should totally print this and proceed it on your refrigerator. You're going to find it so useful, and soon enough, you'll have the graphic memorized for life!

Here'southward a shortlist of the conversions using the graphic above. You're never going to have to consult Siri to find out how many cups are in a quart ever over again!

  • one gallon = four quarts, 8 pints, 16 cups
  • 1 quart = 2 pints, four cups
  • 1 pint = 2 cups

At present, afterwards y'all've committed the measurement conversion tool to memory (information technology's not that difficult, information technology's tarts with the gallon eating the quarts), you can test yourself using the questions below.

Looking for more costless resource? Cheque out my post on how many calories are in craven breast.

How many cups in a quart?

At that place are 4 cups in a quart.

How many cups in 2 quarts?

At that place are viii cups in two quarts.

How many cups in a pint?

There are two cups in a pint.

How many pints in a quart?

There are 2 pints in a quart.

How many quarts in a gallon?

There are 4 quarters in a gallon.

How many cups are in a gallon?

In that location are sixteen cups in a gallon

How did you lot do on our piddling pop quiz?

I'll be honest, friends, I've never won any awards in math. Give thanks God my husband is expert and can assistance our son with his tertiary form math. LOL!

Numbers just aren't my thing, and this can be tough for someone who loves to cook and bake.

It'due south why I keep this crook sheet on my refrigerator these days. I fifty-fifty accept mine laminated!

Speaking of measuring cups and the kitchen, I am simply dying over how sweet these mason jar measuring cups are!

How many cups in a pint, quart, gallon!

You can click here to access a printable version of this nautical chart!

More than Complimentary Printables

  • Free Printable Meal Planner
  • Printable Weekly Calendar
  • Printable Daily Planner
  • Printable Modern 2019 Agenda